The Ultimate West Virginia Horse Betting Racebook Review: Everything You Need To Learn
Sports betting has been so popular in the country. As a result, there was a sudden rise in online betting platforms. As more and more people started inclining towards the betting platform, states started to legalize different sportsbooks and racebooks. Among all the sports available for betting, horse betting is among the popular options for U.S bettors.
TwinSpires Online Racebook
Nyra Bets Online Racebook
100% bonus of up to $200
DraftKings Online Sportsbook
West Virginia horse betting has been a sensation since the state has legalized the betting on horse racing events in August 2018. West Virginia is the fifth U.S state to have legalized sports betting. The WV state has an impressive history of land-based horse betting back in the 80s and 90s. West Virginia also hosted many remarkable horse racing events that make it the perfect destination for online horse wagering.
If you want to know more about West Virginia horse betting, you have come to the right place. In this West Virginia horse betting racebook review, you will get to know everything about the state’s wagering industry.
What Do the Laws Say About West Virginia Horse Race Betting?
The Mountain State is among the first U.S states to legalize gambling, including horse racing, state lottery, full-service casinos, etc. There are certain restrictions on the events, such as WV residents cannot wager on Charles Town Races, Wheeling or Mountaineer Racetrack, Tri-State Greyhound Park, etc. Apart from this, West Virginia has remained pretty flexible about its sports wagering.
The Best West Virginia Online Horse Betting Websites
The pioneer in horse betting in the country, TVG is a premium online racebook in West Virginia operated by Television Games Network. It is a leading racebook that has been offering pretty tempting rewards and bonuses to the players. You can also avail a wide range of betting options here.
Here’s a little about the betting bonuses and promotions:
- Sign Up Bonus: All the new TVG players will get $250 as the 50% deposit match bonus against the deposit of $500. Use the West Virginia horse betting promo code GET250 to activate it.
- Refer A Friend: Refer your friend by sharing our referral code. When they make their first deposit, you and your friend will receive a $25 free bet.
- Risk-Free Bet: TVG is considerate about its customers. At your first lost single bet, you will get a $300 risk-free bet to boost your morale.
TVG has a dedicated sports betting app that you can use to place your wager on-the-go. The sports betting app is available for both Android, iOS devices.
One of the leading WV online sportsbooks for horse bets that have been catering to the wagering requirements of WV residents is AmWager. It is a U.S licensed racebook that is popular for its lucrative reward offers. AmWager is also a legal provider of ADW (advance deposit wagering) on horse racing betting. The online betting platform is operated by AmWest Entertainment LLC.
Here are some bonus offers at AmWager:
- Sign Up Bonus: All the new horse betting players are eligible for a deposit bonus of $100. It is a 100 % deposit bonus where you need to deposit $100 in order to get $100.
- Cash Back Rewards: There are cashback rewards as well that start at 2% based on the amount you wager.
- Refer a Friend: When you refer a friend to the gambling platform, and they make their first deposit, both you and your friend will receive $25 each. Your friend needs to deposit at least $100.
You can also enjoy live streaming of the races with in-play betting. While there is no dedicated app, you can enjoy the West Virginia mobile sports betting on your mobile web browser as the site is compatible with the mobile browsers.
How Does Horse Race Wagering Works?
As West Virginia has maintained the status of pari-mutuel betting, there is no involvement of bookies, bettors wager among each other. Horse betting is a combination of luck and deep knowledge of the racing events. The more you are experienced in horse wagering, the better will be your chances to win. Here’s how the whole wagering works:
- Luck: The game starts with luck, where you need to pick a random horse to bet on it.
- Knowledge: You need to back your decision with lots of factors like past performance, odds, owners, current condition, etc. All these aspects will together culminate to make a well-informed decision.
Types of Bets on Horse Races Available in West Virginia
Once you have searched about West Virginia real money betting sites, you must start learning about the type of bets. These bets might seem simple, but there are many intricacies that make them challenging. Take a look at the common horse bets you can place in WV:
These are the straightforward horse bets where you need to predict the horses and their positions:
- Win: Simply pick the winner of the horse race and win the bet.
- Place: You need to predict whether your horse will come first or second in the race.
- Show: Place a bet on a horse to finish in any of the top three positions. It is the safest best but has a lesser payout.
Combination Straight Bets
These are a combination of different straight bets:
- Across the Board: It is a combo of three different straight bets: win, place, and show. You need to place three bets and win all.
- Win/Place: You need to make a win and place bets.
- Place/Show: It is a combination of place and show wager.
Exotic bets are the ones that have more than one outcome in the match.
- Exacta: You need to pick horses that will finish first and second in the right order.
- Quinella: It is the same as exacta, but you don’t have to guess in the right order.
- Trifecta: An upgraded version of exacta, here you need to pick the first three finishers in the right order.
- Superfecta: The epitome of the challenge is superfecta, where you need to pick the first four winners in the right order.
Exotic on Multiple Races
For better payout, you can think of combining different horse races in a single bet:
- Double: Guess the winners in two consecutive matches.
- Classix (Pick 3, 4, or 6): You need to pick the winners in 3, 4, or 6 matches.
- Place Pick All: You have to focus on two or more consecutive horse races, but your aim is to pick a horse who will come in the right place.
What is the Triple Crown in WV Horse Racing?
It is one of the major titles given to the 3 years old thoroughbred. The horse has to win three leading races: Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes to get the title. The recent winner was Justify, who bagged the title in 2018.
How to Bet on Horse Racing Events in West Virginia?
You can place your sport bets in three different ways:
- Visit a racetrack and bet on a live event.
- Visit the off-track site. However, it is considered a less preferred option.
- Choose a top-rated horse-racing betting site and make a deposit to wager anytime.
How to Read a Horse Racing Program?
The racing program is the details given out by the WV online sportsbooks regarding the history of the horses, their winning statistics, and every other important detail. Here’s how you can read them:
- The horse’s name, owner, race number, initial odds, and jockey will be mentioned on the top left corner.
- Next, you will see the details of the pedigree of the horse, including its breed and trainer.
- The medication used by the horse will be initialized on the right side.
- All the stats related to the horse’s lifetime are mentioned in the top right corner.
- The previous race’s results, name of tracks, and dates are mentioned at the bottom.
The Major Race Tracks in West Virginia
There are plenty of credible racetracks in West Virginia that host premium racing events. Mountaineer Racetrack, Racing Corporation of West Virginia, Charles Town Races, Wheeling Island, 77 Raceway Park are some of the prominent names that are known for hosting races in WV.
What About Off-Track Betting in West Virginia?
You don’t have to be in Kentucky to bet on Kentucky Derby; with off-track betting, you can wager on all the prominent horse racing events happening across the country.
The Bottom Line
Online horse racing betting in West Virginia is popular since the jurisdiction has legalized it. The state has been known as the Bible Belt State and has been the pioneer in widespread of gambling. It was among those first few states to bring the idea of horse betting in the U.S. With the inclusion of online horse betting, it has further flourished. In the future, we can expect some other prominent online racebooks to make their way into the state.
In this West Virginia horse betting racebook review, we have covered all the vital information regarding West Virginia horse betting and the top West Virginia horse betting sites. Don’t wait anymore. Choose your best WV horse betting racebook and place your bet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the age requirements for West Virginia horse betting?
- The players have to be at least 21 years old in order to start wagering on horse racing events in the state.
Will a credit/debit card work to deposit funds?
- Yes, you can use debit/credit cards or eWallets to make deposits to the account and use it for wagering.
Who can engage in horse betting?
- West Virginia residents who are interested in horse wagering and above the age of 21 can place their bets. You also need to learn about wagering on horse racing in order to win.