What to Know About West Virginia BetMGM Sportsbook: A comprehensive Review
While US betting isn’t regulated by a single regulation, many gamblers are concerned about the legal status of gambling in their state. Luckily for West Virginia residents, sports gambling was legalized and regulated by House Bill 2178 introduced on January 9, 2019, by the WV Senate after the US Supreme Court had ruled in favor of sports betting in 2018. In 2020, WV gamblers got a platform that uses the best gaming technologies to make online sports betting not only possible but also fun and secure. Yes, we’re talking about BetMGM Sports West Virginia, and in this review, we’ll cover everything a gambler needs to know before getting started. Let’s see some stats and important information about this sportsbook.
BetMGM Online Sportsbook
FanDuel Online Sportsbook
Risk-Free Bet for Up to $200
DraftKings Online Sportsbook
BetMGM Online Sportsbook Review in Dates and Facts
- Established and launched online in January 2020
- Operates under Sports Wagering Management Service Provider License issued to Roar Digital
- Trademark owner: Roar Digital (a joint venture result of MGM Resorts International & GVC partnership)
- Partner land-based casino – Greenbrier Resorts
- Regulated and licensed by WV Lottery Commission
- Various sports to wager on live in-game betting options
- Cash-out betting available (T&C apply)
- Edit-my-bet feature available
- Daily bonuses and promotions
- 24/7 support service for desktop and mobile wagering
- Mobile app available
- Fast payouts
Sports Available at WV BetMGM Sportsbook
BetMGM WV Sportsbook offers its betters to wager on various sports. Below we’ll list what is available on its website:
- Aussie Rules
- Rugby League
- Table tennis
Within these sports categories, you’re able to wager on games from MMA, UFC, NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and many other franchises. Pay attention that some games from the BetMGM Sportsbook playbook may not be available for a particular betting type or odds.
BetMGM Sportsbook Feature – Live Betting
This is a feature that some legal sports betting sites in the USA still lack although it’s one of the recent favorites when it comes to betting as gamblers are driven to guess the score of the game in progress or place bets on other aspects (i.e. use the available betting types). With in-game BetMGM sports betting, they can easily do it. So far, the West Virginia BetMGM website offers Darts and Table Tennis as live games, but we’re sure they will extend the selection later. To bet in-game, simply choose the game that is currently taking place, choose the best type that you feel most comfortable with, and place your wager. That’s it, you can now enjoy watching the game and see if you can win.
BetMGM Sportsbook Online Review of Cash-Out Option
Even though you can’t withdraw from the bets you’ve placed and get all your money back, during some matches, competitions, or tournaments, you can be offered cash-out betting. What is cash-out? This is a wagering process when you have a right to cash out before a game ended. In this case, the amount is based on the current odds and can change depending on when you chose to cash out. Cash Out isn’t available for bets placed as ‘Freebets’ and is only possible for Straight and Parlay wagers. Pay attention that not all games have the Cash-Out option.
How to Start Betting on BetMGM Sportsbook Website?
To create an account at BetMGM online betting sportsbook and start betting online, you need a few minutes of your time. First of all, you need to fill out the registration form (your legal first and last names, date of birth, residence with the address, valid phone number, Social Security Number (4 last digits), email, username, and password). As you fill in the information, you’ll get the confirmation email with a link to verify your newly created account. After you log in to your account, you might be asked to verify your identity for which all of the West Virginia Gambling Sites require a copy of valid government-issued photo-ID and a proof of residence (usually a utility bill with your current address stated on it).
After you’ve created your BetMGM account, you can make your first deposit, take advantage of the welcome bonus offer, participate in various promotions, and enjoy sports betting to the fullest.
WV BetMGM Mobile/Apps and Other Platforms What Can Be Used
In our BetMGM sportsbook West Virginia review, we can’t skip this part. Knowing that you can get the news about the games, see all the odds, review match stats, and more on the go is a need, not an option. As everyday life goes mobile, the gambling and bookmaker scene is no different, and all of the gaming and banking can be done on your smartphone. Let’s see what other platforms can be used for that.
- desktop computers (powered by Windows, macOS).
- laptops (powered by Windows or macOS).
- Mobile devices (smartphones and tablets) powered by Windows, Android, Blackberry, or iOS.
Enjoy no-download betting (from your browser using any device) or download an iOS or Android app developed by sportsbook software providers for your mobile devices. Let’s see where you can find it and how to install it.
How to Download the BetMGM Sportsbook App?
To enjoy sports betting on the go, all you need is to download the gambling app to bet on sports and deposit/withdraw your funds. You can access your account anytime on any platform using any device by typing your login and password and accepting confirmation (if logging in from another device). Sometimes, some sportsbooks may announce promos for betting using mobile devices, so stay alert on their social media profiles for updates.
This is what to do to install an app if you are an Android or iOS user.
Install the BetMGM App on Android
You can download it directly from the betting website or go to a Play Store to search for it. Your device should have at least a 4.0 update to function perfectly and have all the features supported.
Install the BetMGM App on iOS
You can download it directly from the website or go to the Apple App Store and get it from there. Your device should have at least an 8.0 update to function perfectly and have all the features supported.
WV BetMGM Sportsbook Bonuses & Promocodes
How can we write this BetMGM sportsbook review without mentioning the best part: how to boost one’s bankroll without spending much? Well, with a straightforward BetMGM bonus system, it’s very easy. They have a lot of perks for newcomers and loyal gamblers. You will have an opportunity to score for a bonus, even though the BetMGM casino bonus code variety is way wider than the one in the online sportsbook. Note please that all bonus money may be subject to wagering requirements in case you’d like to withdraw them later.
- Welcome bonus: get a $500 risk-free bet when you create an account at BetMGM and make your first deposit. Use PLAYBONUS BetMGM deposit bonus code to qualify.
- Weekly $10 Free Bet: get a free $10 bet every week when you place a total of $50 in participating wagers during the previous week (count Monday through Sunday). No bonus code is needed.
- Multi-Sport Parlay Boost: 40% percent in profits on winning parlays if you place 4 or 7-leg parlay bet on the qualifying events. The BetMGM bonus amount is proportional to the wagering amount of money you place for bets.
- BetMGM Sports Daily Trivia Game: every day you have 10 questions on pop culture, 10 seconds for each. When you get them all right, you compete for a part of the $500 daily prize. No promo code is required.
Currently, a BetMGM sportsbook doesn’t offer any deposit bonus when betting for real money.
Which Bet Types are Available on WV BetMGM Sportsbook?
Another staple of all quality betting bookmaker reviews is the information about the bet types. As it’s stated in the official sport’s rules on the BetMGM website, there are 3 main bet types the online sportsbook offer: Straight bet option (single line), Parlay (2 or more picks), and Round Robin (3 or more picks). Below are other sports bet types you need to know about to use for various matches or sports:
- Edit-My-Bet: BetMGM unique offer that allows you to customize your wager and choose the odds.
- Point spreads: betting on which participant will “cover the spread” created by a bookmaker. Basically, you are betting against the spread offered by a sportsbook.
- Moneylines: you wager on who is going to win.
- Totals (over/under): the option of betting on whether the actual total will be higher or lower than the line they’ve set.
- Handicap: Points/goals are awarded and deducted from teams for betting purposes to present different options.
- Futures: wagering on events that haven’t started yet.
- Propositions/Specials: wagers on specific aspects of a sports event that may not have a direct effect on a final outcome.
- Parlays: placing 2 bets on various sports.
- Teasers: multiple selections as part of a single wager (they have to be either point spreads or totals).
- Player Props: wagering on a particular player (esp. in a team sport).
Difficulty With Loyalty Program on BetMGM App
Even though being one of the best online betting sites in the States, BetMGM doesn’t offer reward or loyalty points for the gamblers for their sportsbook activity. As it’s stated in their General Terms and Conditions, “Wagering on the BetMGM WV sports app does not contribute to your M life tier credit status at this time”. We hope they will add the loyalty points in the nearest future and they will be available to cover the resort expenses or used otherwise by the loyal gamblers. For now, you can enjoy those bonuses and weekly offers you can find at their “Promotions” tab.
Payout Speed in WV BetMGM Sportsbook App
The payout speed depends on a few factors here: what deposit/withdrawal method is used, the success of ID verification, and whether the bonus requirements are met (in case you cash out bonus money too). In general, this is payout speed by banking methods granted that your withdrawal request has been approved:
- VIP-preferred e-check – 1-3 business days after confirmation
- BetMGM Prepaid Play+ account – immediately after approval
West Virginia BetMGM Sportsbook Banking
Banking is an important step in sports wagering, and BetMGM sportsbook takes it seriously. It’s secured by firewall software so don’t worry about the safety – it comes here by default. It uses 128-bit Secure Socket Layout (SSL) encryption software from VeriSign. Now, let’s talk about the general information before diving into details.
This online sportsbook uses USD as its only currency within the States, so make sure you have enough dollars to place bets; otherwise, your bank can exchange the amount and take an additional fee per every transaction.
For deposits, use one of the following methods:
- ACH electronic check
- BetMGM Prepaid Play+ account
- Credit/debit card: (MasterCard, Visa)
- Online bank transfer
Min.deposit: $10. Should you wish to participate in promotions, the minimum deposit amount can vary.
The withdrawal options in BetMGM are scarce here though it makes sense to open a BetMGM Prepaid Play+ account as it allows you to use it for the MGM resort and entertainment network. You will need to go through an ID verification every time you wish to withdraw money, so have your copy of your photo ID ready with you when sending a withdrawal request.
- VIP-preferred e-check – 1-3 business days after confirmation
- BetMGM Prepaid Play+ account – immediately after approval
The minimal withdrawal is $20.
West Virginia BetMGM sportsbook is one of the most reputable sports betting operators in those states where sports wagering is legalized. In West Virginia, it offers the gamblers a great range of sports to bet on, different bonuses to score, and secure banking options to finance your wagering. In addition, it has an edit-my-bet opportunity that helps you to make a custom bet depending on your gambling needs and expected outcomes. With this, we recommend all West Virginia residents who want to get some betting thrills to start at BetMGM.
Useful Contacts for Services at BetMGM Sportbook
Here is a list of useful contacts you can use to access various services at a sportsbook:
- https://sports.wv.betmgm.com/en/sports – main website.
- https://www.wv.betmgm.com/en/mobileportal/contact – Help&Contact (Customer Service) page, you can send an email or arrange a phone call with the agent.
- Harborside Plaza 3, 210 Hudson Street, Jersey City, NJ 07311, USA
Social Network Sites where you can follow the updates, see the updates, new promotions, and boosts of the day:
- https://www.facebook.com/betmgm/ – Facebook page
- https://www.instagram.com/betmgm/ – Instagram
- https://twitter.com/betmgm/ – Twitter
We hope that information from this article was helpful but, if you still have any doubts, do not hesitate to check other reviews that we prepared for you. There are a lot of options on the sportsbooks market in the US (WV), and you can be sure that we choose only the best ones for you:
What is BetMGM?
- BetMGM is an all-in-one gaming website that provides real money casino games, poker, and sports betting.
Is MGM sportsbook safe?
- Yes. It’s regulated by West Virginia Lottery Commission that ensures that all the sportsbook are licensed and provide their services using the best software. Additionally, this sportsbook uses the latest firewall software to protect its gamblers from cybercrimes.
What states allow BetMGM sportsbooks?
- BetMGM Sportsbook sports betting is legal in Colorado, Indiana, New Jersey, Nevada, and West Virginia.
How does BetMGM sportsbook payout?
- You can get withdrawals using any of the following banking methods: PayPal, Skrill, Credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), e-check, PlayMGM/BetMGM Play+ Card, online bank transfer, cashier desk in a land-based Borgata casino in Atlantic City or a Partner Casino - The Greenbrier Resorts.
How do I use my BetMGM sportsbook bonus?
- After you comply with the bonus requirements and claim your bonus, you can either withdraw it as cash or deposit it to your main account and use it for future wagering through BetMGM Sportsbook app or web browser.